ABOUT SAFETY CRAIG CONSULTING
Safety Craig Consulting Inc. helps you stay in compliance with OSHA, thereby decreasing your overhead through reduced workers compensations costs and the decreased if not diminished occurrences of OSHA penalties. We manage safety through implementing safety and health programs that serve both you and your employees. Training courses and job site safety inspections are offered.
Safety Craig Consulting, Inc. prides itself on accommodating your work schedule and providing training at your job or work site. We are available 7 days a week, 24 hours a days as an added convenience. Rain day training is available as necessary, even with short notice.
Your company and your employees are assured the best safety and health consulting training by a degreed Occupational Safety and Health Professional with an additional Construction Safety and Health Technician Certification. Additionally, Michael Craig Gipe is a Certified Safety Professional.
The CSP certification marks individuals who have met educational and experience standards and passed rigorous examinations validated against the practice of hundreds of safety professionals.
* No other safety certification holds the same level of demand by employers and government agencies.
With each job-site inspection performed, you receive a comprehensive report that becomes one of your most valuable tools for controlling hazards and reducing the incidence of accidents.
We bring over a decade of experience to you - with a level of excellence unparalleled.
Bachelors Degree, 1996, Murray State University, Murray KY, Occupational Safety and Health
Eastern Kentucky University,OTI, OSHA Course #500, March 2002 and March 2006
Eastern Kentucky University, OTI, OHSA Course #501, March 2006
Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) Certification, April 2003
(Visit cchest.org) for more information
Certified Forklift Trainer-Portman Ibex, April 1999
OHSA 10 Hour Construction Safety, March 1999
University of Findlay, Findlay Ohio
40 Hour HAZWOPR (Hazardous Waste and Emergency Response)Training Workshop, May 1998
8 Hour HAZWOPR Site Supervisor Workshop, May 1998
24 Hour Confined Space Entry Workshop, 1998
CERTIFICATIONS AND CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Certification: CPR/First Aid/Bloodborne Pathogens Instructor, 2001
- Internship for Contractor Safety, Westvaco Corporation, 1997
- ABB-CE Service, Site Safety Coordinator, Westvaco Corporation, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1996
- Tampere University of Technology, Tampere, Finland: Internship for Safety Professors and Researchers, 1996
- Independent Safety Consultant, Lexington, KY: SafetyCraig Consultants, Inc. 2001- present
- Safety Representative for several construction companies to help implement company safety policies, train and educate management and workers on safety responsibilities and accident prevention techniques.
- Work site audits to ensure safe work practices and compliance with safety standards and policies.
- Trinity Industrial Corporation of America, Georgetown, KY
- Site Safety Coordinator for scrubber installation project at TMMK, Georgetown, KY, 2000
- Amteck Electrical Contractor, Lexington, KY: Safety and Health Director, 1999-2000: Reported directly to President regarding all areas of safety program, coordination of safety activities and safety training of employees, advised and counseled superintendents, foreman and site safety representative in promoting, coordinating, and evaluating safety activities, developed technical guidelines and interim programs to identify and remove physical hazards from construction sites, processed all paperwork associated with on-site inspections and in-house audits; conducted personal site reviews to observe conditions or work practices and addressed any needed corrective measures with site supervisor; recommended programs and activities to develop and maintain incentives for and motivation of employees; key role in review and investigation of all serious and disabling injuries; maintained all accident records on OSHA, Insurance Company and other authorized agency forms; provided all levels of management with support and advice on Workers Compensation rules and regulations; liaison between injured party and supervisor, medical provider and the Insurance Company; responsible for OSHA recordkeeping, Workers Compensation issues, and purchases of all safety and first aid supplies.
|PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, cont'd.
- BMW Mechanical Contractor, Indianapolis, IN,Onsite Safety and Health/Hygiene Coordinator for shutdown at Marathon- Ashland refinery in Canton, OH, 1998
- JA Jones Environmental Services, Charlotte, NC, Temporary Safety and Health/Hygiene Manager for remediation project in Monroe, MI, 1998
- Impact Environmental Services, Taylor, MI, Safety and Health Director, 1998; revised company safety and health policy; respiratory, confined space, fall protection, substance abuse, Hazcom, PPE; maintained PPE inventory which included fall protection equipment, confined space equipment, SCBA equipment, portable gas alarms, first aid kits, APR cartridges; conducted job site audits and air monitoring; recorded and reports all safety deficiencies; maintained employee medical records and conducted respirator fit testing (qualitative); oversight responsibility for medical monitoring and drug screens; advised management of safety and health recommendation for site safety procedures in pre-job planning; conducted safety training including Hazcom, Lockout/Tagout, Fall Protection and Confined Space.
- Tsubaki Conveyor of America, Portland, TN. Site safety coordinator, 1997, site safety coordinator for conveyor installation project at TMMK in Georgetown, KY.
- Westvaco Corporation, Wickliffe, KY, 1997. Site safety coordinator for shutdown at Westvaco Papermill in Wickliffe, KY